WHY DO WE SKI WHERE WE DO?
1st October 2017
A new survey reveals the Top Ten factors that influence our choice of resort, type of accommodation and when we go. NEW
The figures come in The Chalet Ski Stats 2017 from Consensio – they look at the luxury end of things, but many of the general findings can be applied across the market.
So, what factors most influence a person’s choice of where to head to?
6. Advice from operators & agents
7. Food & beverage quality
8. Size of chalet
9. Transfer time
And while we are looking at facts and stats what else does the report reveal?
- The number of Russian skiers fell from 9% to 5%.
- 42% of holidays are booked from September to December.
- For the rich 2% arrive in resort by helicopter.
- The average size of a group is 8.
- easyJet is the most popular scheduled airline followed by BA & Swiss.
- The poor snowfall last winter had a 60% negative impact on bookings.
- 60% of operators report bookings are up this year compared to 2016.
- 83% of people thought Switzerland more expensive than France.
- 50% of operators report a negative impact of Brexit. 2% report positive impact.
- Val d’Isere is the most popular resort in France with chalet guests.
- Verbier is the most popular resort in Switzerland.
- 81% of people stayed in a chalet with 19% in a hotel.
So there you go… enough stats and facts for you?
See here for the main PlanetSKI news page with all the latest stories from the mountains.
For the Spirit of the Mountains – PlanetSKI: No1 for ski news