BECOME A SKI CLUB LEADER
18th October 2017
Are you sociable, aged 21-60 and are a regular skier or boarder with good experience? How about doing it for a little work with Ski Club GB? NEW
The two-week Ski Club Leaders’ course in Zermatt, Switzerland has a few places left as the Ski Club of Great Britain looks to train more leaders.
The dates are 2nd – 15th December.
The qualifying course will cover mountain safety, technique, leadership and snowcraft.
You need two Leader references to become one yourself, so get thinking about who you know in the Ski Club scene if you think it might be for you.
Skiing with leaders
The Leader resorts for 2017/18 are:
Austria: Ischgl, Kitzbuhel, Mayrhofen, Obergurgl, Zell am See
Switzerland: Davos, Grindelwald, Klosters, Murren, Saas Fee, Verbier, Wengen,Zermatt
Italy: Cervinia, Sauze d’Oulx
Andorra: Soldeu – Grandvalira
USA: Jackson Hole
The course content:
- On-snow leading – groups of all standards
- Technique – on and off-piste
- Ski standards – familiarisation with Ski Club profiles
- Snowcraft – understanding and recognising different and changing snow structures
- Safety – understanding transceivers and avalanche safety procedures
- Promoting the Ski Club and resort PR
- Administration procedures – daily and weekly tasks
Course price includes:
- Return rail transfers to Geneva or Zurich Airport
- 4* half-board accommodation – twin share basis
- Performance clinic – three half days skiing/snowboarding technique instruction by BASI instructors
- Further training by mountain guides and BASI instructors
- Leaders’ uniform – blue Ski Club jacket (Eider)
- Lift pass for duration of course
When guiding a holiday for Ski Club GB, your travel and accommodation costs are covered, as well as a lift pass.
Leaders are also covered by the Ski Club’s highest level of insurance.
Can you provide a safe, varied and enjoyable ski or board programme for intermediates or experts?
Are you sociable and would enjoy the 6-day skiing and social hours with members?
Are you able to maintain relationships with the resort ensuring the tourist office, ski schools, bars hotels, etc. understand the role of Ski Club Leaders?
Then this might be for you.
Get in touch!
Having passed the Ski Club Leaders’ course, Leaders can go on to lead the Ski Club’s Freshtracks holidays.
These breaks range from weekend trips to extended 10-day trips in resorts in both Europe and North America.
Or if just a holiday sounds more your thing this season, see what trips the Ski Club has going out to the mountains here.
See here for the main PlanetSKI news page with all the latest stories from the mountains.
For the Spirit of the Mountains – PlanetSKI: No1 for ski news