WHAT’S NEW FOR 2019/20
21st October 2019
Last modified on December 19th, 2019
The up-market resort in Les3Vallees isn’t resting on its laurels for next winter. See here for what’s new.
The Alpinium is a brand new €26 million building opening in December 2019.
The new gondola will be able to transport 10 skiers per bubble from Le Praz directly to Courchevel 1850 in under 6 minutes.
It will shave more than a minute off the previous journey time.
- The new gondola will operate outside normal ski lift hours, allowing you to be the first on the mountain, and stay up in 1850 for Après drinks after a long day of skiing with the ability to get a ride back down in the bubble afterwards.
- The new building will house the new gondola, lift pass office, ski lockers, toilets and a children’s indoor play area, giving Le Praz a new look. It will also include a surface sports field on the roof, a track for walking or skating and catering facilities.
- Additional parking (500 spaces) will also be added to help reduce the amount of traffic driving all the way up to 1850.
La Tania gets a new green run:
A new green run is currently under construction to help beginners ski back to La Tania.
• The new run will be completed by the start of the winter season 2019
• The reason for a new green run is due to the current one having potentially dangerous crossing sections with the red Moretta Blanche and blue Folyères.
• The bottom of the slopes in La Tania, will also be fitted with a new area including two ‘magic carpets’ for beginners. Public toilets will also be installed as well as a new light and a sound system for events during half term and new year.
Improvements to the Croisette:
The Croisette building in 1850 is being refurbished, making it overlook the snow front.
This new space will also accommodate room for après-ski events.
Les Creux Noirs, THE powder spot
Welcome to Freeride LAB, Courchevel’s powder snow laboratory, the perfect place to become an unparalleled all-terrain skier.
This demanding high-altitude sector leading to renowned off-piste areas and unique panoramic views is now reachable on foot or ski touring skis (100m difference in height) to the two red runs and the black run, which will be left ungroomed but made safe throughout the winter.
An Indian Winter
This winter, the Native Americans are returning to their territory in the wild canyon of Courchevel Moriond.
Skiers can follow in the tracks of the brave young American Indian Kaya, and meet the spirits of the mountains whilst having fun.
A new 4-seater chairlift
Les Grandes Combes chairlift now links the new 4-star Écrin Blanc hotel, opposite the Aquamotion aquafun centre, to Courchevel 1850.
A new 1-kilometre blue run will also provide access to the area.
Off-piste section at the Courchevel 1850 French Ski School: ESF Mountain Academy
The opportunity for a real experience “Off-piste skiing with the ESF”.
There’s a safety workshop (avalanche beacon, probe…) for recognising the risks, getting to know the terrain, and of course enjoying a range of itineraries in Les 3 Vallées.
For the Spirit of the Mountains – PlanetSKI: Number One for ski news