INSTAGRAM: WHICH RESORT APPEARS MOST?
17th November 2019
See which ski resorts in the Alps have been photographed the most and posted in the photo sharing site…
Step forward Chamonix in France that has had more than a million photo uploads.
Next up is Zermatt in Switzerland with 747,373.
And in third place it’s Livigno in Italy – 474, 233 posts.
The data comes from nearly 20m posts from 225 different ski resorts.
The numbers have been crunched by the company, Good Trip Clothing.
“It’s really interesting to see which ski resorts are the most popular according to Instagram, and we were surprised to see that Chamonix came out on top,” Danny Sullivan the founder of Good Trip Clothing.
“Although it will come as no shock to many that so many French and Swiss resorts are dominating the top 10, it’s great to see people exploring alternative resorts like Livigno, which can often prove to be a cheaper alternative.”
And here are the rest of the Top Ten:
- Grindelwald, Switzerland (375,667 photos)
- Val Thorens, France (356,834 photos)
- St. Moritz, Switzerland (352,424 photos)
- Courchevel, France (346,385 photos)
- Tignes, France (328,460 photos)
- Verbier, Switzerland (324,786 photos)
- Zugspitze, Germany (307,732 photos)
For the Spirit of the Mountains – PlanetSKI: Number One for ski news