ARC 1950 REVEALS ITS WINTER PLANS
19th November 2019
Last modified on December 31st, 2019
Arc 1950 unveils its offerings for the coming season. Big Air events, snow camps for teens, eco awards & more.
The « Green Key » Label
Arc 1950’s Pierre et Vacances and Radisson Blu 5* Residences have been awarded the Green Key label.
This symbol of environmentally responsible tourism rewards the Village’s commitment to sustainable development.
Guests in Arc 1950 are encouraged to become actively involved with the Village’s eco approach.
It is based on seven criteria: environmental policy, client awareness, management of water, waste and energy, responsible purchasing and improvement of living conditions.
1950 AIRSHOW 15-21 February 2020
After a summer spent riding the waves, Les Arcs’ “Les Barrebus” riders are back on their skis for a new edition of the #1950AIRSHOW.
The Arc 1950 ski school instructors and security patrollers come together for a new freestyle ski show that is ever higher, bigger and more spectacular than before.
Events and Activities Every Week All Season
The #1950AIRSHOW is just one of the unique weekly entertainments run by Arc 1950.
From its spectacular Les Arcs Film Festival opening week on 14th December , Santa’s Village over Christmas week and Santa descending by zip wire.
To Pride Week and the ‘closing week’ celebrations on 24th April 2020 – the resort of Arc 1950 brings entertainment and ‘animations’ as priority.
This extends to evening ski shows, firework displays and concerts.
- December 14 – 20: Les Arcs Film Festival February 22 – 28: Mardi Gras in Arc 1950
- December 21 – 27: Santa’s Village Feb 29 – March 6: M Radio Live
- December 28 – Jan 3 – Happy New Year 2020 March 7 – 13: Freestyle Park
- January 4 – 10: Festivities in the East March 14 – 20: Saint Patrick’s Day & the Star Trail
- January 11 – 17: Arc 1950 Winter Cup March 21 – 27: Pride Week
- January 18 – 24: Ice Talents Mar 28 – Apr 3: Arc en Scène
- January 25 – 31: Freeride Week April 4 – 10: Guy Martin’s chefs
- February 1 – 7: Canadian Style April 11 – 17: Easter Week
- February 8 – 14: Winter Celebration April 18 – 24: Closing Week
- February 15 – 21: #ARC1950 AIRSHOW February 22 – 28: Mardi Gras in Arc 1950
- February 22 – 28: Mardi Gras in Arc 1950
- Feb 29 – March 6: M Radio Live
- March 7 – 13: Freestyle Park
- March 14 – 20: Saint Patrick’s Day & the Star Trail
- March 21 – 27: Pride Week
- Mar 28 – Apr 3: Arc en Scène
- April 4 – 10: Guy Martin’s chefs
- April 11 – 17: Easter Week
- April 18 – 24: Closing Week
New Outdoor Nordic Baths
Each of the eight ski in/out residences in Arc 1950 have free facilities for relaxation.
There’s indoor and outdoor swimming pools, Jacuzzis and Turkish baths as well as fitness rooms with the latest equipment.
In addition, the 1000m2 luxurious Deep Nature Spa, with its heated pools and spacious treatment rooms with double-width glass windows, show incredible views to Mont Blanc.
NEW for season 19-20 are two outdoor Nordic baths as well as a range of ‘Deep Nature’ skin care products.
New developments and Mont Blanc Views
The Vallée de l’Arc, a wide valley with majestic views to Mont Blanc, is a sector of the ski area that is being improved from one year to the next.
The Pré St Esprit chairlift which passes right over the Village and Comborcière chair-lift which has been upgraded to a detachable 4-seat chair.
It is twice as fast and comfortable, it is now easy to get between Arc 1600 with its new Club Med and Arc 1950.
The Le Secret run, which opened last winter, in the hollow of a lovely valley hidden from view is one of the slopes not to miss.
Backcountry camp for Teens
The Backcountry Camp allows teens to discover all the styles of riding in the Paradiski area.
The Backcountry Camp is a course for 12 to 17 year olds who have a good skiing level and who want to turn the mountain into a real playground.
Included in the programme: off-piste awareness, fun in the Snowpark, Snake Gliss or learning to use an avalanche transceiver, all surpervised by professionals.
A passport to freedom for teenagers, the Backcountry Camp is also an opportunity to take amazing memories home via the Go-pros used during the course.
* * *