Last updated: 27th December 2019
- The law on data protection is changing on 25th May 2018. We must comply with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) which come into force across the EU on that date. The government has confirmed that they will remain UK law even after we leave the EU.
- Separately, the PECR (Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations) impose strict rules on how we are able to contact people electronically – by email, fax or text message. (These are in the process of being updated but it is not clear when this will happen).
As a rule, it is possible to use the PlanetSKI website without entering your personal data.
In so far as personal data (ie, name, or E-Mail addresses) is collected on our pages, then this is always done as far as possible on a voluntary basis.
Should you provide such data, it will not be passed on to third parties for marketing purposes without your explicit agreement.
We draw your attention to the fact that the transmission of data on the internet (ie, in the course of communication via e-mail) can be subject to security vulnerabilities. Absolute protection of data from access by third parties is not possible.
PlanetSKI reserves the right to change this Policy without notice at any time.
If we make any changes to our Policy, we will post a new policy on our website and update the last updated date shown above.
The updated Policy will be effective immediately and will govern each use of the website from the date of update onwards.
Please do check back to review this Policy regularly.
Information We Collect
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
- Information that you provide voluntarily when, for example, you subscribe to our newsletter.
- We collect your data, such as email address and age to try to understand the profile and interest of our readers.
- No sharing – We will never share your information without your explicit permission.
- We honour your right to privacy and will comply with your wishes to remove your data from our systems.
Such cookies (if used) would be downloaded once you click on advertisements on our website.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish.
Our website contains links to other websites.
Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another website over which PlanetSKI has no control and will bear no responsibility.
Where we provide a link it does not mean that we endorse or approve that website’s policy towards visitor privacy.
Use of Your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you.
In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information, such as via the PlanetSKI newsletter.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
Storing Your Personal Data
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing.
By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
We will do our upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated and stored securely.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted.
We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically.
Sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing Your Information
- In the event that we sell part or all of our business to a buyer.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and to reduce the risk of fraud.
Access to Information
In accordance with new legislation you have the right to access any information for free that we hold relating to you, and the right to have it removed.
Or write to us at:
PlanetSKI Ltd, 83 Cambridge Street, London, England, SW1V 4PS.