Freeride World Tour 2021 Kicks Off on Friday
18th February 2021
The FWT is set to get under way in Andorra with some of the world’s best freeriders. The season opener is scheduled to take place this Friday, 19th February. LIVE BROADCAST ENDED
Ordino Arcalis is where it will be happening.
It’s the seventh consecutive year it has hosted the FWT.
The ski area has seen big snowfalls in a series of storms since December.
The organisers planned to run the competition during a 6-day weather from this Saturday until Friday 26th February.
It’s now be confirmed that it will go ahead on Friday 19th, starting at 9.45am CET (8.45 GMT).
With a huge variety of options, the FWT guides have been out scouting for the perfect competition face.
Riders to look out for include:
- Americans Isaac Freeland and Nils Mindnich who are leading the men’s world rankings in ski and snowboard, respectively.
- Marion Haerty of France, the current women’s leader in snowboard, and Italian skier Arianna Tricomi.
- Spaniards Aymar Navarro (ski men) and Nuria Castan Baron (snowboard women) who will be competing in their home mountain range of the Pyrenees.
- Dani Fornell-Pratwho is the only Andorran competing, having been given a wild card.
Sadly, the competition will be closed to spectators but it will be streamed live on PlanetSKI below, or on the FWT website, You Tube and Facebook channels.
IF YOU MISSED THE LIVE BROADCAST WATCH THE REPLAY BELOW –
The 2021 FWT has three confirmed events:
- Ordino Arcalis, Andorra 19-26 February
- Fieberbrunn, Austria 6-12 March
- Verbier Xtreme, Switzerland 20-28 March
To replace the cancelled events at Hakuba in Japan and Kicking Horse Golden, Canada, the organisers plan to hold a fourth and fifth contest at the confirmed locations, sometime during the weather windows.