National Snow Week Approaches
21st September 2023
Last modified on October 5th, 2023
It starts with the National Snow Show in Birmingham and ends with a new Snow Show in London. In between are some new offerings.
National Snow Week is coming to the NEC in Birmingham and ExCeL in London.
They are part of the so-called National Snow week: 14th – 22nd October.
The shows feature advice from experts in the UK snowsports scene.
It aims “to bringing together a community of enthusiasts to shop the latest cutting-edge kit, or book their next winter holiday”.
The National Snow Show at the NEC, Birmingham on 14-15th October 2023 offers speakers, technologies and gear, all under one roof.
This year, the week will culminate at the newly launched London Snow Show at the ExCeL on 21-22nd October 2023.
There are ski experts, celebrities, athletes and Olympians, including:
- Ed Leigh, British snowsports presenter and commentator
- Chemmy Alcott, former World Cup alpine ski racer
- Eve Muirhead, Olympic curling champion
- Eddie ‘The Eagle’ Edwards, British ski jumping champion
- Dan Egan, world-renowned skier and pioneer of extreme sports
- Millie Knight, four-time Paralympic ski medallist
- Neil ‘Nine Lives’ Campbell, pro snowboarder
- Talan Skeels-Piggins, paralympic British Team alpine skier
There is a brand village offering advice on:
- Ski & snowboard
- Boot fitting
- Helmets + goggles
- Clothing and more.
Additional features from this year’s show include:
- Snow Stage sponsored by Inghams – hear from some of the biggest names in the Snowsports scene with content running from open to close across the two days
- Snow Skills Cabin – engage in a host of interactive sessions and workshops to learn something new or hone existing skills. Whether you want to learn how to take that Insta-perfect photo on the slopes, understand how to make your trip more sustainable or find out what else you can do at a resort, the stage will play host to some of the industry’s most experienced professionals, ready to impart knowledge, upskill and share their experiences and stories
- Warren Smith Ski Academy – refine your skills with a skiing MOT, using biomechanical screens to analyse your movement. Expert coaches will download the necessary information to develop your ski technique and address any problem areas before you hit the slopes
- Family Zone sponsored by Esprit – giving families the opportunity to enjoy the day together with fun hoverboard activities and arts and crafts
PlanetSKI readers can get free tickets.
The National Snow Show (NEC Birmingham) – See here for more.
The London Snow Show (London ExCeL) – See here for more.
Show timings are 10:00 -17:30 on Saturday and 10:00 – 16:00 on Sunday.
DATES: SATURDAY 14TH OCTOBER – SUNDAY 22ND OCTOBER 2023
TIMES: SATURDAY 10am-5:30pm or SUNDAY 10am-4pm
About National Snow Week
National Snow Week is built for skiers, snowboarders and those who enjoy the mountains over winter.
It aims to bring together a community of enthusiasts to shop the latest kit, tech, and gear, book their next winter holiday, be inspired by famous faces from across the snowsports world and enjoy a great day out with friends old and new.
The event is now in its third year and is owned by Raccoon Media Group, a UK-based media and events business.
The team has a wealth of event experience – collectively over 100 years of organising exhibitions and conferences in key locations all over the world.